T3 Triiodothyronine – 100mcgx60ml
T3 or triiodothyronine is one of the two major hormones secreted by the thyroid gland. It is the active form of the thyroxine, which is the other hormone, also referred to as T4. Both have very important functions in the body as they regulate metabolism. They also affect the function of the heart, stomach, brain, bone, and muscle.
Around 20% of triiodothyronine is directly injected to the bloodstream by the thyroid gland. The other 80% is produced when the kidneys and liver converts thyroxine into triiodothyronine. Too much and too little triiodothyronine negatively affects the body.
Too little triiodothyronine causes hypothyroidism, which may be caused by some autoimmune diseases and poor iodine intake. Some medications may also inhibit the production of Triiodothyronine in the body. When there is low triiodothyronine, bodily functions tend to slow down. Hypothyroidism has several symptoms such as tiredness, low heart rate, reduced appetite, and muscle stiffness, among others.
- Reviews (0)
T3 Triiodothyronine Benefits
To possibly address hypothyroidism, T3 or triiodothyronine supplements may be used. Research show that T3 supplements can possibly increase mitochondrial functions, basal metabolic rate, muscle mass production, body temperature, enzymatic functions, energy levels, and hair growth. According to research, triiodothyronine supplements can boost weight loss and helps in muscle production.
Triiodothyronine supplements are prescription medicines, so a consultation with a qualified physician is necessary. Some fat loss and bodybuilding supplements may contain small doses of triiodothyronine for increased metabolism of fatty acids. Research conducted on rats shows that T3 promotes the burning of adipose fat tissues.
Aside from fat loss, other studies show that Triiodothyronine may possibly be used to address certain depressive disorders. A study among unipolar depression patients show that T3 supplements can provide a certain therapeutic effect when given in increased dosages.
How T3 Triiodothyronine Works
The production of T3 is activated by the thyroid-stimulating hormone released by the anterior pituitary gland. As T3 and T4 bind to nuclear receptors, they are bounded to plasma proteins and then carried in the blood. As a hormone, Triiodothyronine increases the basal metabolic rate, which also suggests increased oxygen and energy consumption. It also improves the rate of protein synthesis, increases glycogen burning, stimulates cholesterol breakdown, and enhances cardiac output.
However, too much triiodothyronine may lead to hyperthyroidism. The most common form of hyperthyroidism is goiter, where the neck swells due to the enlargement of the thyroid gland. This medical condition has different symptoms, which include increased appetite, palpitations, tremor, irritability, and increased bowel movements, among others.
To prevent having too much triiodothyronine in the blood, the use of T3 supplement should be done only with the guidance of a qualified physician. A prescription is necessary prior to obtaining and using this drug. This prevents any of the side effects associated with it.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.